Family relationships are complex. Each person has their own distinct personality and life skills, but all the individuals in the family unit are interconnected. Family therapy can provide gentle guidance and a safe opportunity for everyone to express their feelings about the challenges facing them. Common reasons to seek family therapy include:
- Divorce or separation of parents
- Remarriage or new live-in partner
- Serious illness or death in the family
- Conflict between parents and children
- Dealing with addiction or mental illness within a family
- Major moves
- School changes.
If your family is dealing with stressful situations, or you just want to improve family communication and relationships, family therapy can give you the space to make positive progress.
Book a family therapy session or schedule a free intro session to discuss your needs.